Please read, complete, and sign this Rental Agreement form.
Questions? Visit our website: www.rentbythebeach.com or call us at 269-369-1003.
Return the completed Rental Agreement via:
• Fax to 847-583-9533
• E-mail to email@example.com.
• Mail along with check payable to:
“BY THE BEACH” for Sunflower Cottage and Sand Rabbit Beach House.
“KEN DAVIS” for Emma’s Cottage and the McNeil House.
“JENNIFER MILLER” for the Songbird Cottage, Derfla House and Sun and Sand on Vine.
Send all payments to:
Jennifer Miller / 5405 Madison Street / Morton Grove, IL 60053. Please put the name of the house and dates on the check memo line. Thanks.
Thank you for booking the ______________________________________________ property,
located at ___________________________________________________________.
|Renter’s mailing address:|
|Renter’s e-mail address:|
|Renter’s cell phone numbers:|
|Arrival date:||Departure date:|
Number of people in your party_________ (do not exceed occupancy limits)
RENTAL FEES AND DUE DATES
|50% deposit due within one week of booking:
Credit card or check. If you are making this payment with a credit card, add 3.5% to cover processing.
|50% payment due 30 days prior to arrival date:
If you are making this payment with a credit card, add 3.5% to cover processing If reservation is less than 30 days out then the full amount is due at time of booking.
RESERVING THE HOUSE
Your credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) is used to hold the house. We don’t run the card unless you choose to pay your rental fees using the card (add 3.5%) or there is any damage to the property. If you don’t follow through after booking with us, there is a $100.00 cancellation fee and we may rent the house to another party.
Credit card number:_______________________________________________________
Exp date:_______________________________ Security Code:____________________
Once your 50% deposit has been received, your rent money is non-refundable due to cancellation unless the house can be re-rented at market value minus the processing fee. We understand emergencies happen and we will do our best to substitute a time for your vacation within one year, subject to availability. We suggest travel’s insurance.
- Your credit card acts as a damage deposit (if you prefer, you can send an additional check for $300.00; unused money is promptly refunded). Please notify us if there is any damage upon your arrival or during your stay.
- Additional cleaning charges may occur if the house is left in an unreasonable condition upon departure.
- We appreciate you treating our historic properties as you would treat your own house. Please do not move the furniture around.
CANCELLATION AND DAMAGE DEPOSIT INSURANCE
We highly recommend both of these options available through Homeaway.com.
- There are no refunds for checking out early.
- The house assigned to you is subject to change in the event of unforeseen circumstances (i.e. fire/water damage, sale of unit, etc.).
- In case of a catastrophe making the property uninhabitable, you will receive a full refund for unused days.
- While we maintain all our properties we do not have 24 hour maintenance staff. We can’t be responsible for Internet or cable interruptions (when applicable), or if the A/C or hot water heater stops working, etc. Please alert us if there are any such issues; we will contact the appropriate help immediately, but we do not give refunds for service malfunctions beyond our control.
- To comply with all the rules, regulations of the property.
- No smoking is allowed anywhere inside the property.
- The owner has the prerogative to terminate this agreement and ask disruptive guests to vacate the premises.
- Accept financial responsibility for damages they cause to the property. Will let us know if any damage happens.
- The owner or owner’s designee may enter the property for the purposes of making necessary repairs or to show the house.
- The owners will not be responsible for personal items lost, stolen or damaged during your stay or any personal injury to anyone anywhere on the property.
- If guest finds the property unsatisfactory upon arrival, or there is a problem, we ask you to notify us upon check in, giving us time to resolve the situation within reason.
|Sunflower: 4:00 PM||Emma’s: 4:00 PM||The Rabbit: 5:00 PM||McNeil House: 5:00 PM|
Use the lock box key for your first entry only. (The lock box code is provided upon receipt of final payment.) Immediately put the lock box key back in the lock box. Keys inside the house are provided for your use.
- Check-out time for all properties is 10:30 AM.
- A $35.00 (per hour) charge may be assessed on all late departures and lost keys.
- Turn A/C (or heat) down, close any open windows and turn off all lights.
- Please take all your trash outdoor to the trash receptacles provided by the city. Leave any excess trash that does not fit into these outdoor receptacles inside the garage (or at Emma’s Cottage, in the basement). Do not leave any extra trash anywhere but these locations.
- If sheets were provided, strip beds and put sheets in basement (start a load if you want to make our cleaning crew happy!).
- Leave house in a picked up condition including starting the dishwasher.
- Make sure the key is back in the lock box and keys returned to key hook.
- Please notify us if you check out early at 269-369-1003.
WHAT TO BRING
- Cell phone
- Towels (beach and bath)
- Sheets for the beds (unless we have confirmed other arrangements)
- Personal belongings
- Paper products (we supply enough to get you started, but can’t determine how much you will need during your stay. We suggest a trip to the grocery store after you arrive to make a list. Often things like salt/paper/coffee filters will be at the house)
- Any special kitchen items, etc. (we supply all the basics)
REQUIRED STATEMENT BY CITY OF St. JOE
The maximum lawful occupancy at the Sunflower Cottage is 4, Emma’s Cottage is 6-8, Sand Rabbit is 12, and McNeil House is 18. Off-street parking is required under City ordinance; as part of this lease you have rights to 1-2 parking spaces on the property. Under City ordinance, it is unlawful to play or operate any musical instrument, phonograph, or radio in such a manner as to cause loud or unusual sound or noise between the hours of 10 PM and 7 AM; it is also unlawful at all times to make any unnecessary loud or unusual noise which annoys the comfort, repose, health or safety of the public. You have the right to receive a copy of the rental unit permit, from the landlord, at your request. The rental unit permit must be prominently posted in the rental unit during your use of the property. A responsible tenant must sign an acknowledgment of these regulations, and provide contact information. Smoke detectors are provided in each rental unit as provided by law; no person shall tamper or interfere with the effectiveness of a smoke detector. Violators may be punished as provided under City ordinance.
|Guest Signature agreeing to all terms:||
OFFICE USE ONLY:
- o First o Second o Rental Agreement o Lock Box Sent o Sheets Required o Follow-up
o Special Occasion o Refund